A high-quality handgun safe has a good storage option and can be easily accessed with multiple unlocking options. Many factors come into play while selecting the perfect gun safe for your firearms. But these are the important ones, and SentrySafe QAP2EL is secure, reliable, and has lots of storage inside.
This article will review SentrySafe QAP2EL, where we have discussed its key features. We have written advantages and disadvantages, who should consider buying this safe. Also, it will help you decide this unit is perfect or not for your handgun.
SentrySafe QAP2EL Features
This unit is designed in a compact and small size that is easy to carry. The Sentrysafe comes with two drilled holes to mount the unit on the surface. The manufacture provides all the mounting hardware. You can mount this unit in your car, closet, inside the drawer, etc.
It is lighter in weight at 15 pounds, easy to carry when you go anywhere with your firearms stored inside the handgun safe. There is no locking cable provided with the unit. You can store Ruger LC9 or subcompact handgun in a vertical position.
This unit has a steel thickness of 12 gauge and a pry-resistant door that protects from prying. The gas strut technology makes the safe door open automatically without making any sound. Also, you can access your stored firearm single-handedly.
The interior has a soft padding that protects the stored weapon from any scratch or dent. This unit is approved by the California department of justice that passes the quality testing.
3). Storage Capacity
This unit store 2 standard size handguns with an extra magazine. According to our tested team, this handgun safe can store Glock g45, Glock g17, colt 45 models 1911, and many more, etc.
Also, you can store other important items inside the unit like:
- Extra ammo
Check out the below table you will have a brief idea
|Dimension||W x D x H|
|Internal Dimension||14 in x 6.5 in x 2.2 in|
|External Dimension||16.4 in x 9.8 in x 3.2 in|
|Lock||Electric Keypad and Manual Key|
You can access the safe with an electric keypad system and through manual keys (backup method). The electric keypad has a four-button that allows you to set the code combination. The keypad lights up as soon you touch any four-digit button allowing you to see in darker condition.
To run the unit, you have to insert 4 AA batteries not provided by the manufacturer. Also, use a branded battery with a long expiry date to run the unit for a longer time. The unit’s interior has led light that lights up the unit as the door opens, allowing you to see in low light condition.
When the unit is not in use, it will go in standby mode, and when you touch the button, it will end the standby mode.
Pros & Cons About SentrySafe QAP2EL Review
Let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this handgun safe that will give you a better idea.
- Build Quality: You can expect above-average build quality as it is made up of 12 gauge solid steel that will make thieves hard time accessing the unit. Also, the pry-resistant will prevent prying.
- Storage: This unit is capable of storing 2 handguns in a horizontal position. If you are looking to store a single handgun, there is a lot of space left out to store other important items.
- Department Of Justice: The SentrySafe QAP2ELis approved by the California Department Of Justice and comes with only a 1-year warranty.
- Lighting: The keypad lights up when you touch any button, and the interior unit has a light system that helps to access your stored handgun when there is no light.
- No Biometric: There is no biometric scanner system that allows fast access inside.
- No Batteries: You have to purchase a pair of 4 AA batteries while purchasing the unit. And if you go with generic or rechargeable batteries for this safety box, then the battery will last for a short amount of time.
- Steel Cable: The SentrySafe does not have any solid steel cable to mount the handgun safe on any stationary object. So, you have to be careful when you are traveling with QAP2EL.
The SentrySafe QAP2EL is perfect for storing two handguns in a horizontal position. Also, with the budget-friendly price, you are getting premium features that are available in a gun safe under $600 price.
We hope this guide provides you the information you were looking for. Still, if you believe we have missed out on something, please feel free to tell us in the comment section.