Moving a gun safe from one place to another is always a daunting task when you don’t have any moving experience of heavy gun safe. And if you are looking for how to move a 1000 lb gun safe from one place to another without damaging the stored items, we covered the detailed guide.
All our stored items inside the gun safes are valuable, and they need to be protected from any unwanted intruders, incidents, kids, etc. But due to unwanted circumstances, we have to move our gun safe from one place to another without damaging our unit.
How To Move A 1000 LB Gun Safe
Moving a gun safely stored with all the firearms and other valuable items can be dangerous, and also, it will increase the tremendous weight of the unit. Remove all the stored valuables one by one and keep them stored where they are secured. Now how can you move a 1000 lb gun safe? Let’s discuss it step by step.
You can also check out how you can move 2000 pound gun safe with a detailed guide.
Get Proper Equipment
You will need the proper equipment to move or lift your gun safe. Rent a dolly cart, get gloves, strap, and a truck to move your safety box. Moving 1000 lb gun safe requires heavy equipment.
Take Help From Heavy Experienced Men
If you have help from a strong professional mower, it will be easier for you to move from your house to an outside location. If you didn’t have a professional mower, you could take help from your strong friends who have any experience of moving heavy objects like gun safes, tubs, etc.
Secure Gun Safe Before Moving
Now before moving the safe, make sure you strap on the dolly to secure the unit. It will be easy for you to transport when it is tightly strapped around the gun safe.
Remove Any Obstacle
Make sure you remove any obstacle in between while moving the unit. Hallways and door frames make the task more difficult for you to complete. From the starting point of the safe to the last destination where you have to arrive.
Check The Staircase
If you move your safe from the above floor, make sure the staircase can handle a lot of weight without any problem. Because the combined weight of your friends and gun safe & appliance dolly will add a lot of weight to the stairs, and your staircase might not be able to handle so much weight.
- Lock the door of the unit to avoid any accidents.
- Wrap the safe with tape.
- Bring the dolly to one side of the unit.
- Tilt the gun safe and slip the dolly underneath the safe.
- Make sure the balance is accurate and fits perfectly on the unit.
- Now once the safe is placed on the unit, secure the unit with a strap and tight It quickly.
- If you are placing it on the above floor, lift the dolly one at a time.
- If you are taking the safe downstairs, make sure dolly steps down easily one by one.
Loading On The Truck
After taking the unit out of the house, it’s time to load the gun safe on the truck or any heavy vehicle. If the vehicle has an automated ramp, then it will be easy for you to lift the safe easily.
- Take it near the ramp and put the gun safe on the ramp.
- One helper will pull the safe, and you will push it from the other ends that it will be easy for both of you.
- After reaching the gun safe inside, tightly secure it and make sure it didn’t fall while in transport.
Moving a gun safe is not an easy task what it looks like. If you are unsure and don’t have any experience moving a 1000 lb gun safe, it is always the right decision to hire a professional mower rather than do it yourself. If you had the experience of moving heavy objects, you could go by yourself by reading the above points to make your transportation much easier.